TIMELY WISDOM

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Be Grateful


"Please write again soon. Though my own life is filled with activity, letters encourage momentary escape into others' lives and I come back to my own with greater contentment. 
- Elizabeth Hailey, "A Woman of Independent Means" 



The person who has lived the most is not the one with the most years but the one with the richest experiences.
 
- Jean-Jacques Rousseau





I'm happy about the things I've done. Not always happy about the results, but happy about the decisions, because I made them myself. And I think that's an important way to go through life.

 
- Kevin Costner



The ordinary acts we practice every day at home are of more importance to the soul than their simplicity might suggest.
 
- Thomas Moore



By learning to discover and value our ordinariness, we nurture a friendliness toward ourselves and the world that is the essence of a healthy soul.

 
- Thomas Moore, Irish poet (1779 - 1852)

No comments:

Post a Comment